Sunday, June 19, 2016

1st Monday Made It for 2016!



This is my first Monday Made It with 4th grade frolics for Summer 2016.  It is going to be my goal to post my Monday Made It at least every other week!  I am not officially on summer break yet.  I am teaching summer school for 3 more days.  So, starting Thursday I will be OFFICIALLY on summer break and will hopefully have more time to create for my classroom next year!!






This week I had a baby shower for a good friend and fellow 4th grade teacher.  I have always wanted to make a diaper cake and decided to make one for her.  The only challenging part was that she was going to be using cloth diapers for her baby.  The diaper cake was not the easiest to make, but in the end, I am happy with how it turned out and it fit the sea animals theme for the party.







I finally decided that it was time to update my wreath.  It still had Christmas decorations on it.  I bought this blank wreath a year ago and have loved being able to change it up with the season.  The current decorations are inspired by wreaths I saw on pinterest.  What did we do before pinterest??



Since I am currently doing summer school, my last Monday Made It are the anchor charts that I have used to help my students prepare this week to re-take our state end of grade reading test.  My county decided to do a 8 day long remediation summer school for any student who did not pass the end of the grade test and wanted another chance.  I only had 4 days to work with some of our 4th grade students.  These anchor charts were a huge hit with the students and are something I will definitely create again.
 This anchor chart was inspired by another one that I had seen on Pinterest.  I wanted to help my students better understand poetry and how to annotate poems.  There were so many light bulb moments that happened with my students while creating this anchor chart.  


 I loved to see their excitement for poetry after this lesson.  I then gave students their own poems to write in the margin and they did so well and many of them asked for another poem to write in the margins!! 


If you're interested in hearing more about this lesson and how you can use it in your classroom, I am going to be creating this lesson and putting it in my TPT store at some point this summer.  So, check back for a more detailed post about this lesson soon!






I look forward to seeing everyone's Monday Made It's this week and will be looking for some inspiration for one of my Monday Made It's next week!!

6 comments:

  1. I love your wreath! It is darling!! Visit me at PJ Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You diaper cake turned out fantastically! Absolutely adorable. I would've never thought to put a hooded towel on top! So cute!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me more on your wreath!! I want to create one for my house, but dang- they are expensive! So you just buy a bare one and then buy new decorations to change out?? I think I LOVE that idea!!! Yours looks just like what I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response! I have been finishing up teaching summer school this week and am finally done! Yes, I bought a bare wreath at Hobby Lobby. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you, I have seen them at Michaels too. Then I have just looked for ideas on pinterest. I then go to the craft store and buy any materials that I want to create the wreath. Sometimes I super glue them on lightyly, or i just tuck them into the wreath to get them to stay. I absolutely love being able to change out my wreath. Here is my e-mail if you have any more questions or would like me to send you some pictures of other wreaths I have created with this bare wreath: sam.ripley89@gmail.com. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Your wreath is so pretty and I adore that diaper cake!!! So cute! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete