Monday, July 13, 2015

My First Monday Made It :)

I am linking up for my first Monday Made It with Fourth Grade Frolics!  If you havent seen her blog, you MUST go see it!! I have been following her blog for a while now and have used many of her ideas in my classroom!

 

 For this Monday Made it, all of my projects are school related.  I am not working at all this summer and therefore, have a lot more time on my hands than I normally do in the summer.  Most summers, I do not get done half of the school projects that I would like to, but this summer, I am working away on those projects.  I actually feel like I might get them all done and maybe some extra ones too!!



This first project is something that will help my students with learning their multiplication and division facts.  Many of my students come to 4th grade not knowing their multiplication facts.  With the intensity of multiplication and division in 4th grade, it is important that they know these facts.  My students practice these facts almost daily and take a one-minute timed test twice a week.  I will be doing a post soon on how my students practice their multiplication/division facts and how I test my students.  For now, check out my multiplication and division tests on at my TPT store.  Both tests are even bundled together for a discounted price!




This is my favorite Monday Made It this week! I had seen something similar to this on Kinder Craze awhile back and had always wanted to create my own for my classroom rules. So, the other day I was at Michael’s and saw these wood pieces for 50% off plus I had a 25% off your order coupon.  So, I purchased 5 of them, bought some paint that matched the colors in my classroom and made rule posters to glue on these boards. Overall, the project cost me under $10.   I absolutely LOVE how they turned out and wish I would have done this sooner.

Here is a picture of the boards after I painted them and before I put the rules on them.  They were so easy to paint and dried really quick!  



Here are the boards after I modge podged the signs that I made on them.

If you like the signs, you can get them for FREE here.  




Last year, was the first year that I had an organized and labeled classroom library.  I decided that I wanted to upgrade my library labels this year to match my classroom colors and theme better.  So, I have created new CHEVRON chalkboard library labels.  I cannot wait until I am able to get back into my classroom in August and put these on all of my book bins.  I will do a post on my classroom library once I am able to put these new labels on my bins.  For now, you may view these labels in my TPT store. 



That's it for my first Monday Made It!! I am excited to work on some projects for next week's Monday's Made It.  I am beginning my first project tomorrow :)  The next project includes binder clips, math and ELA standards.  Check back next week to see this organizational project!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to Monday Made Its!!! So glad you could link up:) Love your classroom signs!!!
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Monday Made It is great motivation for me to work on my summer projects :)

      Delete
  2. Your classroom signs are really cute. I may have to look into doing something like that. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your sign boards!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your rules boards you made, excellent!! Today was also my first Monday Made-It post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your 1st Monday Made It. You've been very productive!

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right. Multiplication and division facts are so important. I'm always looking for ways to practice and motivate kids to practice!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check back in later this week! I am going to be doing a post about how I motivate my students to learn their multiplication and division facts :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. A little later than I said but just did a post on how to motivate your students to learn their multiplication facts. You can check it out here: http://fantasticallyfourthgrade.blogspot.com/2015/07/need-help-motivating-your-students-to.html

      Delete
  7. Your rules boards turned out so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete