Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Made It- August 15







 I have a couple new Monday Made It's today and one of them is the reveal of the big project that I have been working on!!   


I decided that I wanted a framed mirror for my bedroom, but I did not want to spend a lot of money on it.  I had an old dresser mirror sitting around. 

Look below to see the finished project! 

Before...
This was a $6 picture that I bought at Goodwill.  I was not a fan of the picture, but the frame was exactly what i was looking for.  So, I took out the picture and put in my mirror instead.  

After...
Sorry for the bad lighting, but as you can see the mirror fit perfectly and was much cheaper than going and buying an already framed mirror!  You will have to check back next week to see where I put it in my bedroom.  HINT: It may have something to do with my sneak peek!


I absolutely LOVE the Olympics!  I spend way too much time watching TV during Olympic time.  So, it is probably a good thing that it only happens every 2 years for 2 weeks! Anyone else love the Olympics?

Last year, I started adding reading passages for holidays and big events to my TPT store.  I was hoping to make a bunch more this summer, but summer has gotten away from me and I have just created my first reading passage and what do you think the event is??  Yep, it is the Olympics!  Click the picture below to purchase this reading passage for only $2!

This reading passage is the first passage of a new reading passage series that I am starting called "When, Where and Why".  This series is going to include reading passages that give the history of past events in our country and around the world.  Each passage will have kid friendly language that explains the event with new vocabulary for students.  Follow my store to be updated when more passages in this series are added!



This is the BIG project that I have been working on for weeks.  It is FINALLY done and I could not be happier with the end result. 

Before...
I bought this dresser for only $35!  The dresser was in great shape, but just not my style.  

After...

Here is the same dresser with a little chalk paint and new hardware!  Oh, and of course I had to buy some new decorations for it!  I am so happy with how it turned out and loved using chalk paint.  I will definitely use chalk paint again in the future.

Well, I am going to go back to laying by the pool and relaxing as this is my last week off before I start school back up!   Come back next week to see some of my classroom reveal this year!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! All 3! I bought your Olympic passage at TPT. We started school on August 11!

    ReplyDelete